How to Use Diskpart to Delete a Partition on a USB Drive in Windows 10
Diskpart utility gives the possibility to delete and create multiple partitions on a USB drive.
- Open cmd as administrator
- Type diskpart and hit enter.
- Type list disk. This command will list all the hard drives attached to your computer. Be careful about selecting the right drive. Lets say USB drive is G:
- Type select disk G.
- There can be multiple partitions on a drive and want to list them, type list partition. This command will show all the available partitions on a drive.
- Go to the respective partition by typing select partition XX and hit enter. Example: select partition 0
- Type delete partition and hit enter. This will delete the partition 0.
- Repeat the same steps for deleting other partitions. Now Your USB is without any partition.
- After deleting all the partitions, type create partition primary and hit enter.